- Use this MAP X gas cylinder from Vortex to fuel your blowtorch for metalwork heating jobs, such as brazing or soldering. The MAP X formula is a mixture of methylacetylene, propadiene and propane, created to burn 25% hotter than general propane gas. The gas is non-hazardous and can be bulk-stored without becoming a risk. The extra heat from the MAP X gas lets you complete soldering jobs quickly and with more energy efficiency.
Install the cylinder to the bottom of your blowtorch to transform the high-temperature gas into a hot, anti-flare flame. The container has a secure screw-on cap, so you can keep the gas tightly contained when not attached to your blowtorch. The tall cylinder comes in a lightweight container and gives you 400g of gas to keep you going for a range of soldering jobs.
• 400g non-refillable canister
• Highly flammable
• 25% hotter than propane
• Ideal for brazing or soldering
• Stabilised from -30°C +65°C
• British Standard: EN 12205
• Wear suitable protective gloves in use and when attaching nozzle